What is "Us Therapy?"
"Us Therapy," also known as marriage counseling, marriage therapy, or couples counseling, may be beneficial for any couple interested in finding direction or seeking to improve their relationship. There are many types of "Us Therapy" -- each catering to your needs, situations, and goals. Connect with an experienced therapist at TSL&A today and learn how we can help!
What types of issues do you typically address?
- Addictions (impact on couple relationship)
- Adoptions or blending families
- Communication issues
- Conflict resolution
- Co-parenting in divorced/separated partnerships
- Domestic violence
- Division of labor/household tasks
- Empty nesting
- Moving towards engagement/marriage
- Feeling unsure of the relationship future
- Grief and loss
- Infertility and/or pregnancy loss
- Intimacy (emotional/physical)
- Life transitions/unexpected life changes
- Money management concerns
- Pornography use/addiction
- Pregnancy and new parenthood
- Premarital counseling
- Trauma and/or abuse
(Don't see your issue on this list? Contact us today and see if we still can help you!)
What kind of "Us Therapy" would be best for us?
Premarital/ Newlywed Therapy (also known as marriage preparation counseling)
- Are you in a serious romantic relationship and would like some help taking the next step? Are you engaged and would like to make sure your relationship has the best possible foundation for marriage? Are you newly married and would like to resolve potential issues before they start?
- Work with a certified Prepare Enrich Counselor and learn more about yourself and your relationship with the Prepare Enrich online customized relationship assessment. Your therapist will guide you through the Prepare Enrich program to thoroughly prepare you for marriage (enriching your relationship as you go).
- Learn more about Prepare Enrich.
Couples Therapy (also known as marriage coaching/counseling/therapy)
- Do you want to improve and enrich your marriage or romantic relationship? Are you feeling like you have lost the spark you used to have? Do you feel like you are living more like roommates than a married couple? Are you longing for deeper connection and a richer relationship?
- Couples therapy provides you with opportunities to address the issues that keep you from enjoying peace in your relationships. Work with a licensed couples and family therapist to learn and practice skills to improve communication, increase intimacy, reignite passion, resolve past relationship wounds, strengthen your friendship, learn how to love each other and become a better team.
- Is an aspect of sexual relationship with your spouse causing you distress? Do you experience low desire? Difficulty communicating your sexual needs and wishes? Wish you could have more fun (and less anxiety) when it comes to sex?
- Work with a licensed couples and family therapist to improve sexual intimacy as a couple, to reduce anxiety, and discover and strengthen your own sexual self.
- Are you about to have a baby and concerned about how it might impact your marriage? Have you had a baby and now things between you two are not quite the same?
- Work with a licensed couples and family therapist to help you and your partner navigate the changes of pregnancy and bringing a new baby home.
Discernment Counseling/Separation Counseling
- Are you considering separation or divorce, but are not sure if that is the best option? Have you decided to divorce, but you would like to move through the process of separation with as little damage to yourselves, your children, and family as possible?
- A licensed couples therapist is trained to help you navigate this difficult time. He/She can help you evaluate the strengths and growth areas of your relationships so you can decide whether working to save the marriage is the best option for you. Learn how to regulate your emotions in the face of the one who hurt you, and communicate effectively to reach understanding and make important decisions.
How long does it take?
Sometimes desired change/growth requires only a few sessions, but in other situations therapy may last much longer. During your first several sessions, you and your therapist together will create a treatment plan that will be appropriate for your particular needs and goals. We typically recommend initially meeting with a therapist on a weekly basis for a 50-minute session (longer sessions are also available) and then tapering off with less frequency as you start achieving your desired goals. However, your therapist will adjust this plan according to the therapeutic goals and your scheduling and budget needs.
How much does it cost?
We recognize that “Us Therapy” requires an investment of your time, energy, and money and are dedicated to ensuring that you receive quality care. Our rates vary within the practice based upon the therapist with whom you are working. Our rates range from $125-$145 per 50 minute session. Check out a detailed list of our fees and fee policy here.
Which therapist will be best for me?
All of the therapists at TSL&A are licensed and skilled clinicians. We each offer unique personalities, backgrounds, and experiences. We leave the decision about which therapist to work with up to you. Your relationship with your therapist is one of the ingredients for your success in therapy. For this reason we want to do all we can to help you find the right fit. We have information about each therapist on this webpage. You are welcome to reach out to the therapist of your choice for a free phone consultation or you can contact Dr. Lloyd to talk through your situation and she can give you her recommendations. We look forward to hearing from you soon!