Specialties: Couple/Marriage Therapy, Premarital Counseling, Family Therapy, Racial Identity Issues
Meet Marjanne. Marjanne is a licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist (LCMFT), and a Prepare/Enrich Facilitator. With a collaborative and empathic approach, she helps clients navigate life’s challenges.
Thoughts on therapy. “Marjanne believes that therapy is a tool to empower clients to take on the challenges in their lives. By providing a safe space, she works with her clients to develop insights about any issues and learn the skills needed to achieve their goals.”
Experience. Marjanne earned her Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology from Marymount University, and her Master of Science degree from University of Maryland in Couple and Family Therapy. She has experience working with couples, families and individuals with a variety of presenting problems. Marjanne specializes in couple and family relationships, and racial identity issues. She is a trained facilitator in Prepare/Enrich Counseling where she works with dating, engaged, and married couples who want to grow and strengthen their relationships. She is also trained in discernment counseling, designed to work with couples navigating difficult decisions about their commitment to their relationships.
Treatment Approach. Marjanne’s approach to therapy is collaborative, authentic and empathic. Her approach to therapy is informed by a variety of evidenced-based techniques including Structural Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, and the Gottman model. She integrates these approaches to best suit her clients, helping them to gain insights and make changes necessary to achieve their therapeutic goals.
- Bachelor of Arts: Psychology, 2013, Marymount University
- Master of Science: Couples and Family Therapy, 2016, University of Maryland
- Licensed Clinical Marriage and Family Therapist (LCMFT)
- Play Therapy
- Prepare/Enrich (Premarital Counseling)
- Discernment Counseling
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (AAMFT)
- Mid-Atlantic Division of American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (MAD- AAMFT)
Rates for Service
- $160 per 50-minute therapy session
- $185 per 60-minute therapy session
- $230 per 75-minute therapy session
- $270 per 90-minute therapy session
- $365 per 120-minute therapy session
- Prepare-Enrich Package (three 90-min sessions): $555